Sedation dentistry is one of the leading forms of dentistry. It allows patients to receive complex and routine dental treatment under the care of trusted dentists like Dr. Shawna Hoffert and Dr.Stephen Miller of Red Maple Dental. We understand that dental fear can be difficult for some people, so we offer a wide range of sedation options to help patients feel more relaxed during their dental treatment.
Sedation Options at Rad Maple Dental in Asheville, NC
- IV Sedation: Very few dentists are trained in administering IV sedation. However, Dr. Hoffert has over ten years of administering IV sedation to patients. With a skillful and careful hand, Dr. Hoffert can help patients become more relaxed and comfortable during their dental procedure. During this form of sedation. Patients remain awake but often have no memory of the procedure.
- Oral Sedation Dentistry: Oral sedation is administered through a pill. Patients remain awake during their procedure but have no recollection of the procedure.
Benefits of Sedation Dentistry
Sedation dentistry offers many benefits to patients of all types. We will work with you to determine the right kind of sedation option for you. Some of the benefits of sedation dentistry are:
- There is no pain involved in sedation dentistry. This is great for long, complex procedures. Patients can sit comfortably during their procedure.
- With the help of sedation dentistry, Dr. Hoffert and Dr. Miller can work carefully, quickly, and diligently to treat your dental issues. Patients won’t feel any pain or discomfort, which can cause a patient to become restless during their procedure.
- One of the greatest benefits of sedation dentistry is that it helps patients with dental anxiety and fear. At Red Maple Dental, we understand that dental anxiety and fear can stop patients from receiving the treatment they need. Sedation dentistry helps patients remain relaxed and comfortable during their dental treatments. Patients will feel no discomfort or pain during their procedure and can receive the treatment needed to restore their smile.
Sedation dentistry is a great addition to the dentistry world. It allows patients to feel comfortable during long dental treatments. If you haven’t visited the dentist recently, visit us at Red Maple Dental in Asheville, NC. Dr. Hoffert and Dr. Miller are dedicated to giving you quality dental treatment and bringing back your bright, healthy smile.